General Call for Consultants
Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African research and communications company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations` and individuals across East-Africa. Farsight Africa Group has established a reputation in the marketplace for working in complex and challenging environments that demand a comprehensive understanding of local cultures, indigenous communication practices and relationships with stakeholders, at both the grassroots and national level.
About the roles
Farsight Africa Group is looking to expand its pool of local and international consultants across the full range of humanitarian and development fields with focus on the areas below:
· Climate Change
· Environmental science
· Migration studies
· Research methods
· Value chain analysis
· Public health
· Nutrition, Food Security, or Agriculture
· Monitoring and Evaluation
· Peace studies
. Gender Studies
The candidates should have the following minimum qualifications:
· Master`s degree or PhD in either of the fields indicated
· He/she should demonstrate at least 5-9 years working experience in either of the above areas
· Solid work experience in Somalia and/or in the region is an added advantage
· Track record of research and publications on the above areas of expertise or several areas combined;
· Track record in developing methodology and data collection tools for research on the above areas of expertise or several areas combined;
· Experience in collecting and analyzing demographic data and conducting qualitative interviews;
· Ability to collate and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data in an easily comprehensible and intelligible manner
· Demonstrated professional leadership and the ability to coordinate a team of professionals.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills in English/Somali, to deliver reports and documents;
· Excellent analytical and reporting skills
· Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with various stakeholders and to express concisely and clearly ideas and concepts
· Have excellent participatory and interactive skills
· Fluent in English and Somali.
NB: Farsight Africa Group does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Farsight Africa Group is committed to gender, equity and diversity in our workplace and operations
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send an email including attached CV, an overview of their topics/ fields of expertise and the range of their daily rate to firstname.lastname@example.org with "˜Specialized Field` as the subject of the email.
Potential consultants in our Talent pool will be contacted on a need basis.