Supply Chain Coordinator Procurement & field systems FP
Title: National Supply Chain Coordinator - Procurement & field systems focal point - Somali National
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role is responsible for leadership and support to all area offices in relation to the standardization and use of all SCI supply chain systems/processes towards the achievement of an efficient, accountable and compliant supply chain for the country office.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
* First degree in procurement / logistics / Supply chain management, and
* Diploma or higher qualification in Procurement & Supply from the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS UK) or comparable professional body.
* Strong preference for candidates with both qualifications
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Over five years experience in humanitarian logistics / supply chain management
* Substantial experience in all technical areas of logistics / supply chain operations including procurement, transport, distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management and asset management
* Excellent analytical skills and ability to use basic analysis tools like Excel ©
* Wide experience in supply chain process automation and systems development
* Remote support to supply chain operations across multiple field offices
* Ability to build effective working relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
* Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
* Strong communication skills - written and spoken English
* Working in multicultural teams
* Willingness and ability to travel to Somalia / Somaliland
Experience in the following areas is desirable :
* Supply chain / logistics experience in fragile humanitarian contexts
* Qualifications in ICT / Information systems management
* Knowledge of Somali language
* Procurement under Multilateral development bank (World bank, Africa Development Bank) procedures
* Support to consortium supply chain management
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW11c2UuNzg0MjQuMzgzMEBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW...