Area Research & Evaluation Coordinator- Mogadishu Somalia
Area Research and Evaluation Coordinator- Mogadishu- Southern States of Somalia. Somali Nationals Only
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Area Research & Evaluation Coordinator will lead the delivery of Somalia Country Office’s Evidence and Learning agenda in Somalia, specifically the implementation of research and evaluation studies at the field level in southern states of Somalia and Banadir. He/she will work closely with other members of the Program Development & Quality (PDQ) department to extract learning from wider research and practitioner communities to promote innovation, and ensure that learning from research and evaluations is used to improve program quality, inform evidence-based program design, drive innovation, and inform policy and advocacy work in both the humanitarian and development sectors to deepen the impact of our work on children’s lives.
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Qualifications and Experience
* Master’s degree Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, International Development or related field required, PhD is a added advantage.
* At least 3 years’ experience in designing and implementing rigorous research is required
* Familiarity with randomized controlled trials preferred,
* Experience managing field work and data collection strongly preferred
* Knowledge and demonstrated experience of designing and managing researches and evaluations
* Demonstrated ability to think critically, strategically and analyze complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions
* Experience of conducting mixed-method research with strong quantitative background and competent in analysing qualitative data.
* Demonstrated experience in using statistical and qualitative packages for data analysis is a requirement.
* Experience in participatory action research (PAR) is highly desirable
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Strong inter-organisational skill such as networking, negotiation and communication
* High level of fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
* Commitment to Save the Children International values
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents