Electronics / Computer Technician
Overview of position
Electronics / Computer Technician duties include running performance analyses on electronic devices like biometric machine, print and reporting on results. They also troubleshoot and replace faulty materials.
The repair or replacement of faulty kits must be performed within a maximum of 48 hours from receipt and employees will be expected to work the required hours.
Laxton Group requires between four and six employees that would be able to work together with its project team in Somalia. This role requires staffs that are able to work well with their hands and can follow instruction.
Employees are expected to work 7 days a week during the registration period. Thereafter work days will be reduced to a 5-6-day work week depending on demand.
For Higher Technical Level Employees
• Understand laptops and how to use them with an above average understanding of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Robust Knowledge of Programming language/s would be an advantage. (i.e. Java, C++, Python etc)
• Load and run software on a Laptop via USB flash drives provided, and where needed troubleshooting software issues that may arise.
• Understanding the workings of batteries, battery systems and Power Control Boards (PCBs).
• Be able to identify and diagnose issues pertaining to faulty connections/power caused by loose cables.
• In the event of cables coming loose, the employee should have a good understanding of the workings of plugs and be able to re-solder cables.
For Lower Technical Level Employees:
• Follow instructions accurately.
• Be able to work with commonly used tools in order to fasten, remove, replace and secure various parts of the equipment. Tools would include screw drivers, pliers, side cutters and a variety of other light duty tools.
• The candidates should be able perform manual tasks, that include but are not limited to unpacking, loading and carrying rugged cases that contain equipment without damaging the equipment housed inside of the cases.
• Work well individually and as part of a team, to perform tasks with accuracy in high pressure environments.
• Be able to solve basic problems.
• Being able to speak English would be an advantage.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.