Shaqodoon is looking for a programmer/Developer trainer
Shaqodoon is a local NGO founded in 2011 to create innovative and long-lasting solutions to Somalia/land’s youth employment challenges. The organization designs, delivers, and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the local community’s most urgent challenges in livelihood skill training, education, civic education, justice and health. Shaqodoon is a national platform whose goal is to prioritize youth employment and education on the development agenda and to exchange knowledge on effective policies and programs to improve employment and education opportunities for youth, prioritizing at-risk youth, marginalized groups, and people who have lost hope and are thus often jailed for local crimes.
Hargabits is a youth-based program that uses ICT multimedia creatively to improve the lives of youth. Bits target population is the youth which are significant portion of the society. Bits school offers ICT trainings for these youth to equip skills to enable them engage in gainful income generating activities. The training is conducted in three levels/stages which include taught theory and practical and hands on training through internship. The training curricula is based on creativity and encompasses marketable applications including graphic designs, motion designs, video editing, app development, web-design and development
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design training materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises.
• Preparing the learning environment and resources including setting of IT equipment.
• Delivering training programmes to students either in a group classroom setting or in a one to one basis.
• Supporting and coaching students using self-learning packages.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of the training and course outcomes and giving feedback to the Manager.
• Taking responsibility for maintenances of hardware and software used for training purposes and recommending repairs and upgrades to the Manager where appropriate.
• Keeping up to date with relevant systems software and online training technology.
• In consultation with the Manager provide suitable and market-oriented training in new systems to students to make sure they meet the changing market needs and requirements to enhance student self and regular employability.
Required Qualification and Experience
a) A degree level of ICT from a recognized University with a technical Professional qualification in the relevant field of information and technology and any other relevant ICT qualifications an added advantage.
b) At least 3-5 years of experience in ICT or relevant fields and trainings
Skills and Attributes:
• Thorough knowledge in the relevant programming languages, software design and packages, applications, operating systems, systems analysis, and general computer skills.
• Web and app development skills
• Able to create efficient and logical databases.
• Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system.
• Able to recognize system deficiencies and implements efficient solutions.
• Delivers informative and well-organized presentations.
• Generates learning enthusiasm among students
• Passionate about coding
• Must be ready to share portfolio of previous work
• Conducts effective progress evaluations in a timely manner.
To apply for this position please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30th of October 2020 (11:59 pm) late submissions will not be accepted