Shaqodoon is a local NGO founded in 2011 to create innovative and long-lasting solutions to Somalia/Somaliland youth employment challenges. The organization designs deliver and evaluate innovative programs to address some of the local communities' most urgent challenges in livelihood skill training, education, and health.
Training Purpose and Objective:
• The objective of the English Training courses is to give inputs in English reading, writing, and speaking techniques for the English Language skill enhancement to 45 entry-level students.
Training Expected outcomes:
The teacher is expected to deliver the following outputs for this assignment:
• Conduct pre- assessment evaluation to assess the different levels of the learners and prepare report.
• Development of a participatory teaching training modules containing resource materials and methodology for the delivery of the training. (curriculum)
• Conduct a three weeks’ class in English teaching
• Prepare and submit report of the overall achievement of the teaching, challenges to the project manager.
• The approach of the training should be based on principles of adult learning and employ a variety of effective training methodologies including demonstration, role plays, case studies, practical work, brain-storming sessions and small group discussions, plenary discussions and presentations. The training should be interactive and participatory.
Profile of the Consultant:
o Qualification: Graduate degree in teaching from a recognized institution of higher learning, Adult learning qualification is an advantage
o Extensive experience in teacher training especially in English teaching methods and subject content
o Extensive experience of delivering similar training Somalia/Somaliland.
o Excellent facilitation and report writing skills in English language.
o Familiarity with the Somali context and education sector in particular.
Interested Consultants/Institutions who meet the conditions specified herein are invited to submit their proposed methodology, CVs and a clear demonstration of understanding and interpretation of this Terms of Reference (TOR) to the HR on: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate English-Course-Hargabits in the subject area of the e-mail. Closing date for this application is 29th of October 2020