Overview of position
The client's Disengagement, Disassociation, Reintegration and Reconciliation (DDRR) programme is a key component of the client's peacebuilding and stabilization portfolio that aims to increase Somalia’s resilience to destabilizing conditions and build national capacity towards sustained peace. The programme aims to contribute to peace and improved security in Somalia through supporting the Federal Government of Somalia’s National Programme on the Treatment and Handling of Disengaged Combatants and Youth at Risk (National Programme).
In the absence of a peace agreement, and other preconditions usually required for traditional Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) programming, the client has been supporting the FGS in its implementation of the National Programme through a four-pillared approach that reframes traditional DDR in terms of Disengagement, Disassociation, Reintegration and Reconciliation (DDRR). This context specific and context sensitive approach has been developed and implemented alongside local partners to include the national government and regional administrations, to create viable, reliable, gender-responsive, transparent and nationally owned legal and operational processes to support exit and reintegration pathways for former associates where sanctioned violent extremist groups are involved. In facilitating the reintegration of former associates within these new contexts, the client works to reduce the risk of recidivism or recruitment into criminal or violent extremist groups by addressing the drivers of conflict and building resilience at the individual and community levels.
Project Operation and Administration
- Support the Field Coordinator to supervise the Rehabilitation Center Managers who facilitate day-to-day procurement/logistic operations in line with the client resource management rules and procedures, including but not limited to receiving goods, tracking services for the purpose of ensuring quality, relevance and accountability to beneficiaries;
- Report to the Field Coordinator, and ensure effective implementation of the Rehabilitation and Reintegration SOPs; ensure the Centers and Civil Society Organization Partners (CSOs) provide continuous support for men and women formerly associated with violent extremist groups as per the relevant service provision criteria.
- When applicable, assist the Field Coordinators with communication and coordination with government focal persons, other UN agencies, donor representatives, the client's mission senior management, and security sector authorities.
- Inform the Field Coordinator’s decision making on resource management, development of new program intervention, and endorsement of activity/service outcomes.
- Support the Field Coordinator with strategy review process to enhance project activity design and implementation as informed by lessons learned.
Monitoring and Evaluation Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the M&E Lead, support the implementation of DDRR M&E Tool kit with CSO M&E Officers in project locations.
- Assist during training and workshops to help all CSO staff understand the various database platforms and their responsibilities within the system.
- Support implementation of the M&E Tools by CSOs.
- Conduct weekly monitoring visits to Centres and CSO Activity sites, and submit reports.
- Support the maintenance of the Rehabilitation and Reintegration Databases content, including quality control to ensure data quality, accuracy, consistency, completeness and compliance with DDRR M&E Framework.
- In coordination with the Field Coordinator and M&E lead measure progress towards project objectives, immediate impact of activities and outcomes to inform program reports.
- Participate in information review processes to reflect on data generated by the
M&E framework, to identify and document human interest stories and best practices.
- Provide inputs in strategy review process to enhance project activity design and implementation as informed by lessons learned.
- Perform other duties as maybe assigned from time to time.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator (DDRR) in Mogadishu, Somalia, technical supervision of the DDRR Operation teams and the M&E officer, and under the direct supervision of DDRR Field Coordinator based in Kismayo, the successful candidate will facilitate and monitor the service delivery and activities implementation of 2 Rehabilitation Centers (1 for men, 1 for women) and 2 Civil Society Organizations (1 for men, 1 for women), to ensure the designed services and activities are implemented on time and in align with service agreements/SOPs.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
· Master's degree in Political or Social Science, Development Studies, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited academic Institution; or
· University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
· Minimum of 6 years of demonstrable relevant INGO or NGO experience and/or minimum of 3 years of demonstrable relevant public sector experience.
· Previous work experience in one or more of the following thematic areas required: DDR, PVE.
· Project experience related to two or more of the following topics: stabilization, livelihoods, community-led recovery and conflict mitigation
· Experience working in Jubaland State required.
· Knowledge of Jubaland State, including socioeconomic and political context required.
· Knowledge of UN programming.
· Knowledge of the client's resource management rules and procedures.
· APPLICANTS MUST ATTACH THEIR CV'S AND PASSPORT COPIES IN THEIR ONLINE PROFILES.