Integrity is preparing for an upcoming opportunity with the World Bank to be the Monitoring Agent (MA) on the Somalia Multi-Partner Fund (MPF).
The objective of the assignment is to third-party monitoring and assurance ensuring that MPF funds executed by Somali authorities are utilized for the purposes specified in MPF grant agreements. The MA will support the World Bank to fulfil its fiduciary, procurement, monitoring and supervision obligations with respect to the expanding range of MPF projects.
The scope of the MA’s work covers the monitoring and evaluation of activities under World Bank’s implementation support activities in the Somalia portfolio. This includes support to task teams in the verification of results, verification of outputs against physical progress and financial progress reports, the alignment between physical and financial progress as well as monitoring and identifying risks related to implementation and disbursement progress, tracking environmental and social performance, project implementation arrangements, human resource management, and fiduciary risks.
Scope of Work
Integrity is recruiting a Monitoring Analyst – Mogadishu, to work with our Monitoring Team in Nairobi and Washington, DC to assist with the analysis and reporting process for Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) of the MPF.
Under the supervision of the Monitoring Manager, s/he will be help clean, code, and analyze third-party monitoring data. The Monitoring Analyst may also contribute to the drafting monitoring reports and other deliverables. Expected outputs and deliverables will include:
Participation in skills and systems workshops.
Cleaning, coding, and quality checking monitoring data each monitoring cycle.
Written input into monitoring reports.
Input into presentations and handouts, as needed.
This is a full-time role with a fixed term of two years, the position will be based in Mogadishu. The role is contingent on project award. We anticipate that the programme would begin in June/July 2021.
The Monitoring Analyst will report directly to the Monitoring Manager.
Terms of Reference
A. Planning and Design
- Provide input into preparing and developing the third-party monitoring methodology and tools.
- Participate in monitoring and analysis approaches, skills, and processes training.
- Assist the setting up of data analysis processes with the other Monitoring Analysts, working with representatives from the Physical and Financial Monitoring Teams and Digital Platform Unit.
B. Data Analysis and Reporting
- Work with other Monitoring Analysts and Third-Party Monitoring team members to transfer raw monitoring data onto analysis system for cleaning and quality assurance checks.
- Review, clean and quality assure monitoring data.
- Prepare quantitative data for analysis in PowerBI.
- Support coding of qualitative data in NVIVO.
- Conduct data analysis through PowerBI and NVIVO with the oversight of the Monitoring Manager
- Assist with the planning and management of the data analysis workshops, as needed.
- Draft and finalize assigned sections of monitoring reports and other deliverables with the oversight of the Monitoring Manager.
- Participate in presentations of project activities and findings to external stakeholders, as needed.
Your Experience and ExpertiseRequired Qualifications and experience
- University degree (e.g. BA or BSc).
- At least two years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, or learning in humanitarian or development sectors of Somalia
- Excellent written and spoken Somali
- Strong working knowledge of written and spoken English (must submit examples of written work).
- Practical knowledge of remote third-party management methodologies.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through.
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, with a preference for candidates with experience using the following qualitative and quantitative analysis software: PowerBI and NVIVO.
- Experience working with data collection software such as Kobo Toolbox or SurveyCTO preferred.
- Experience working on World Bank programs preferred.
Required Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously with precision and adapt to changes in responsibilities and workloads.
- Must be professional, possess a high degree of urgency and self-motivation, and have a strong work ethic.
- Results-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Strong communication skills, including note-taking for meetings
- High professional standards for evaluation data and reporting.
- Accustomed to teamwork and able to sustain positive and frequent communications for a remotely managed monitoring team in a challenging, high-risk environment.
- Ability to work independently where necessary.
- Works well in a diverse team.