Position: Accountant: Line Manager: Finance Manager
Genel Energy Summary
Genel is largest Oil Concession holder in Somaliland and been active in country for 10 years with offices in Hargeisa. Genel Energy is steadily growing its business through the appraisal and development of assets in KRI and through acquisitions, building a high-impact exploration portfolio within the Middle East and Africa while expanding its Kurdistan footprint.
To work as part of operation finance team, supporting drilling and projects activities across company’s portfolio of assets in Somaliland.
• Register invoice/s into ERP system and rout to appropriate person as part of Daily invoice processing.
• Assist with accounts payable, maintaining vendor account information, verifying invoices for payment.
• Contract Spend reconciliation and analysis.
• Control and accounting of petty cash and bank accounts.
• Assist with various ad hoc projects, as needed by Operation.
• Assisting in Project Cost Control.
• Assisting in Drilling Cost Control.
• Assist Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
• Assisting in recording and reconciling of production data.
Skills and Qualification
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Strong Excel skills required.
• Must be able to work well in a fast-paced, team-focused environment
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics/Business Administration/other related field.
3+ Years’ experience in Accounting.
• Cultural Fit – Align with Genel Energy Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Respect.
• Focus on Results - Able to plan and organise work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results
with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
• Communications - Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organised oral and written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
• Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships, and collaboration with others, including those from different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; helps with various team roles.
• Initiative and Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up to date on technology and approaches to work; provides creative solutions and input when faced with challenges.
• Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers (employees and contractors / suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
• Quality and Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough, and efficient.
• Continuous Improvement - Examines personal and organisational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement, analyses successes and failures to learn and improve.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, all interested applicants should register and upload their CV at https://shaqo.com/job-seeker CV database no later than the 22nd of March 2023. A confirmation email will be sent to you confirming your successful registration. Shaqo.com recruitment team will be in touch if your CV fits the position or if we require further information from you. Please note that shaqo.com is managing the recruitment for Genel Energy, and any application submitted directly to Genel through any other channel will NOT be considered.
Please download here the full TOR ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wmZagzcI2_Bcj6oGPy4ewxjnZcU77Ua/edit?usp=share_link&ouid=116831392925156737966&rtpof=true&sd=true)